Investigate Veolia for its role in Pittsburgh’s water crisis!

Complete and submit the Pennsylvania consumer complaint form. You can also print out the form and mail it in. You only need to fill out the required fields. Here's how to file a complaint:

For business information, use the address for Veolia Corporate Headquarters: 53 State Street, 14th Floor, Boston, MA 02109, (617) 849-6600, website:

For the "Please explain your complaint" field, paste in the following in complaint summary:

In 2012, the Pittsburgh Sewer and Water Authority (PWSA) entered into a contract which put it under Veolia's management. In 2014, under Veolia's management, the corrosion control chemical used to prevent lead contamination was changed without the required state Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) approval. This unauthorized change violated both state and federal regulations. According to the DEP, the decision was made, in part, to cut costs. The terms of Veolia's contract with PWSA gave the corporation half of every dollar it saved for the city, raising questions about the motivation behind this cost-cutting measure. As a result of this violation, the DEP mandated a series of lead tests. In 2016 the first round of this testing was conducted and it was found that the city of Pittsburgh's lead levels had breached the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) action level of 15 parts per billion. According to the EPA, there is no safe level of lead exposure, and the health of Pittsburgh residents is clearly at risk. In addition to these risks, ratepayers and the PWSA are also facing the prospect of paying upwards of $400 million associated with the replacement of lead service lines, according to the mayor. In stark contrast, Veolia received over $11 million in payments over the course of its contract. This is why I urge you to begin an investigation into Veolia's actions, and to hold the corporation accountable accordingly for any abuses in Pittsburgh.

For the "What would you like the business to do to settle your complaint?" question, answer: "Other corrective action".

 If you have any questions, please get in touch with one of our organizers at or by calling 617-695-2525.